fission-core chart removed
With 1.15.x release, following changes are made:
fission-corechart is removed
fission-allchart is made similar
fission-allchart, the following components are disabled which were enabled by default earlier. If you want to enable them, please use
- nats - Set
nats.enabled=trueto enable Fission Nats integration
- influxdb - Set
influxdb.enabled=trueto enable Fission InfluxDB and logger component
- prometheus - Set
prometheus.enabled=trueto install Prometheus with Fission
- canaryDeployment - Set
canaryDeployment.enabled=trueto enable Canary Deployment
- nats - Set
fission-core chart to
Fission-all is now exactly similar to fission-core and can be used to migrate from fission-core.
If you are upgrading from the fission-core chart, you can use the following command to migrate with required changes.
helm upgrade [RELEASE_NAME] fission-charts/fission-all --namespace fission
- Listing pods related to Fission environments and functions
.specignoreignore files in specs directory
Previous rc release features
- Fixed ingress creation from Fission cli PR #2164 Issue #2144
- With prefix path support, function having common prefix were colliding. We have fixed that. PR #2182 Issue #2181 Issue #2107
- Add settings for priorityClassName for pods created via Fission chart PR #2254
- Allow customization of termination PR
- Update Helm chart dependencies PR #2227
- Allow disabling preupgrade checks PR #2229
- Removed admin role access from helm chart PR #2233
- Removed deprecated Fission UI from helm chart PR #2232
- Removed deprecated heapster from fission chart PR #2256
- Changed default sync period for Fission informer to 30min from 30s. This reduces lot of unnecessary updates across Fission code PR #2167
- Added filter for env update in newdeploy to consider newdeploy functions PR #2165
- Changed default function call timeout from 30s to 60s in
fission fn testPR #2169
- Using typed informers in configmap and secret watcher PR #2174
- Fixed pod name in port forwarding logs PR #2178
- Added kubernetes objects aware logger PR #2179
- Warn if package resource version mismatch in function specialization PR #2183
- Using request context in Fission controller APIs PR#2214
- Update go dependencies PR #2216
- Fixes in pool manager ready pod controller PR #2259
- Improved namespace checks in pre-upgrade checks PR #2226
- Pass appropriate context to pool cache functions PR #2244
- Capture os signals to gracefully shutdown fission components PR #2261
- Caputer fission-bundle exit logs with sync PR #2260
- Updated Fission base image from Alpine 3.13 to Alpine 3.14. PR #2160
- Updated Fission to use Go 1.16 and Kubernetes dependencies to 1.21 PR #2168
- Stow client updated v0.2.7 PR #2195
- Using goreleaser for faster buids and releases PR #2189
- Removed Ioutil package as deprecated in Go 1.16 PR #2236
- From 1.15 release, Fission would be having one tag only of format v1.15.x etc. instead of two tags earlier. Please ensure you are using v1.15.0 in helm install and not 1.15.0.
- From 1.15 release, Fission would be having version prefix to chart tag. E.g. Instead of using 1.15.0-rc2 as version, we will use v1.15.0-rc2. So for helm install, please pass version as v1.15.0-rc2.
helm install --version v1.15.0-rc2 --namespace fission fission
Also, docker images would be tagged with v1.15.0-rc2.
- We have changed installation steps since 1.13.0, please refer the latest installation steps. You need to install/replace Custom Resource Definitions(CRDs) before installing Helm chart.
- Environments releases are decoupled from Fission release. Please check Environments portal for latest environments.
- With addition of OpenTelemetry, we would be soon removing OpenTracing instrumentation.
- HTTPTrigger/Route creation from Fission CLI is deprecated. Use
fission route createinstead. PR #2171
- We have deprecated
Spec.Methodin HTTPTrigger since 1.13.0, please use